Disturbing CCTV footage has shown a man brutally beating and dragging a pregnant woman outside a service station, before ramming his car through the window as she hides inside.

The horrifying video, shown to Victoria’s County Court, shows Didier Lam Kee Shau, 38, attacking an expectant mother who was five months pregnant at the time, in the early hours of September 17 last year.

Lam Kee Shau can be seen punching the woman, stomping on her head and dragging her by her hair, before throwing her to the ground outside a Caltex, hitting her and athrowing her back down when she tries to stand.


The woman makes a desperate escape into the service station, but her attacker bangs on the windows and doors. Moments later, he drives a car at full speed into the glass wall of the Caltex, smashing the window and sending shelves and furniture flying as the woman cowers by an ice cream fridge.

The pair, known to one another, had attended the communion of Lam Kee Shau’s young niece in Carrum Downs, south east of the Melbourne CBD, earlier on the day of the attack, according to Daily Mail Australia.

Lam Lee Shau began allegedly assaulting the woman, who cannot be identified, at the Caltex Service Station on Blackburn Road in Glen Waverley.

The County Court of Victoria heard Lam Lee Shau, who works as a chef, had been drinking whiskey that night, and was drunk by the time of the bashing, at about midnight.

The woman had heard relatives at the christening trying to calm the chef down, and so she convinced him to leave with her, so she could drive him home.

During the trip, Lam Kee Shau accused her of speeding, and they argued as she pointed out she was driving 80km/h in a 100km/h zone.

“I don’t f***ing care,” he yelled at her. “You’re being a big woman arguing with me. You don’t f***ing argue with me. You understand.”

The 38-year-old then punched the pregnant woman in the face three times as she drove.

He then demanded her phone, which she didn’t have, and verbally abused her. He punched her in the face and shoved her head between her legs, according to the Mail.

The woman begged to be let go and he allowed her to keep driving, but he soon began complaining again about the speed at which she was driving, and started punching her again.

As the woman began to fear she would be killed, she drove to a service station.

The horrific video, captured by the Caltex’s CCTV cameras, showed what happened next.

The woman was dragged around the carpark by her hair, as she desperately clutched at her scalp and struggled.

The man threw her head to the ground and repeatedly stomped on her face and head.

Bloodied and dazed, the woman gets up and tries to walk towards the station, where the man begins to punch her again, and throws her down as she tries to protect herself with a cardboard bollard covering. She makes it into the service station after the beating, and the man, seeing her inside, begins beating on the service station glass doors.

“Help me please!” the woman shouted at the station attendant, according to the Mail . She attended the court hearing with her new born baby in her arms.

He then moves to the window, slapping his hands against the glass, as the woman cowers behind an ice cream fridge in the Caltex.

Moments later, as the Caltex attendant is trying to operate the phone behind the counter, the man drives a car, at full speed, into the window, smashing the service desk.

The horrified student worker, 24, had seen the man brutally beating the woman. He told officers arriving on the scene he was so shocked watching the extent of man’s the horrific attacks that he forgot the triple-0 emergency number.

When police arrived on the scene and arrested Lam Kee Shau, he refused a breathalyser test.

In court, he claimed to have no recollection of his reign of terror and numerous alleged assaults on the woman. He also claimed to have no recollection of driving into the Caltex, which caused $93,954 worth of damage.

Lam Kee Shau pleaded guilty to one count of recklessly causing injury to the woman and one count of conduct endangering life. He further admitted to refusing to be breathalysed by police at the service station when he was arrested.

Incredibly, the woman escaped the attack, suffering only minor injuries.

During his sentencing, he was lashed by Judge Richard Smith, who said Lam Kee Shau hit the pregnant woman “as hard as he could”.

“It was a brutal assault by you on a five-month pregnant woman,” he said. “It’s all but miraculous she was not more seriously injured … she was the softest of targets for your aggression.”

Judge Smith sentenced the chef to five years in jail, with a non-parole period of three-and-a-half years.

With time already served, Lam Kee Shau could be released in just over two years, according tothe Mail.

Judge Smith called it an aggravated case of domestic violence.

He removed the chef’s licence and took him off the road for four years from today’s sentencing.

Source link