Sounds True, an independently owned multimedia publisher focused on producing books, audio programs, and online events focused on waking up the world, is seeking a full-time Creative Director to join our team in our Louisville, Colorado offices. The Creative Directorwill guide and cultivate the brand “big picture,” connecting the dots between media, channels, disciplines, and internal teams, in order to create meaningful and ongoing connections with our customers.They willoversee a team of designers and copywriters to establish and implement a comprehensive vision and messaging strategy for the Sounds True brand and products.
- Own creative decisions representing voice and brand to ensure a unified design, tone, and voice for Sounds True
- Oversee the creative process, helping to direct content strategyand give guidance to the writers/designersto continually elevate our brand.
- Map out future plans for the brand and push creative thinking to new heights, pursuing innovation
- Foster effective and provocative communications
- Collaborate with marketing teams on messaging strategies
- Contribute to brainstorming and creative brief development
- Determine and assign creative teams (writer/designers) to projects and oversee all collateral coming out of the department
- Apply creative consistency across channels
- Oversee deliverables, timelines, efficiencies, and budgets for design/copy teams
- Hire and manage all designers, art directors, web designers, production artists and copywriters
- Monitor marketing/advertising trends, technologies, cultural relevancies and implement learnings where appropriate
- Assess training needs and monitor teams development
- 3+ years experience managing a creative team
- Strong background in storytelling, either as CW or AD
- Ample experience developing brands
- An impressive portfolio of work displaying powerful conceptual work and sound content strategy
- Proven success managing creative teams
To apply, please send resume, portfolio and cover letter, along with your salary requirements.
Sounds True is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We offer an excellent working environment and great benefits. For more details you can visit SoundsTrue.com.