We are hiring an experienced Information Systems Director to help us keep growing. If you are dedicated and ambitious, Philadelphia Youth Network is an excellent place to grow your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
About Information and Operations Division:
The Information Systems Department (IS) is responsible for the operation of PYN’s technology infrastructure in support of the organization’s core functions. Along with other responsibilities, IS manages the organization’s network infrastructure (on premise/cloud), servers, web applications, databases, and compliance with local and federal government requirements.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Director of Information Systems manages staff and overall technical delivery to ensure stable operation of PYN’s IS portfolio. The Director leads a team of professionals who work in a variety of disciplines including Systems/ Network Administration, Database Administration, Web Design/ Application Development, and Business Intelligence. The Director works hands on within Infrastructure disciplines and supports the network/systems operations of PYN.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Analyze complex business needs presented by varied audiences and recommend and/or design technical solutions
• Lead the planning, development, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of computer systems and applications in a Hybrid Azure environment
• Participate with CIO on vendor procurement and contract negotiations and management to reduce IT costs, improve service offerings, and leverage new services under existing contracts
• Maintain full lifecycle and inventory of hardware, software, and licenses related to IT assets
• Manage the data protection strategy including information security, data backups, disaster recovery and business continuity plans
• Ensure consistency and maintainability of PYN applications/environment by establishing, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures to support governance
• Identify services and operations that are underperforming and make necessary recommendations or changes to bring those services up to acceptable standards.
• Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing other duties as needed
• Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of assigned staff, including managers, in accordance with PYN policies and guidelines
• Responsible for tracking and recommending staff training for professional development of IS Team
• Monitors budgets associated with IT software and services and submits recommended changes based on trending data
• Serves as an active member of PYN’s Directors’ Team and contributing expertise to special projects and planning with other PYN Directors
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ years of IT Infrastructure support experience within an enterprise setting, with 3+ years of experience managing Microsoft Azure cloud implementations
• 5+ years management experience of small/.medium sized IT/development teams
• Strong technical decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and persuasively on technical subjects to technical and non-technical audiences
• Successful completion of background checks (PA State Criminal, PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse, U.S. Department of Justice National Sex Offender Registry, and F.B.I. fingerprinting)
The Philadelphia Youth Network is an impactful non-profit changing the lives of young people between the ages of 12-24 by creating education and employment opportunities. The Philadelphia Youth Network creates collective impact by leveraging partnerships, resources and talent to alleviate poverty and promote equity for youth. PYN values talent and seeks to provide an equitable and fair working environment, maintaining policies that promote flexibility, encourages creativity and honors diversity and authenticity. PYN is a dynamic, fast paced organization, pursuing transformational outcomes for young people. Learn more at pyninc.org.